Action is needed. The 5-25-17 House Education Reform Committee hearing showed insufficient votes to pass HB 4425/26. No floor vote is possible without further action. Some are attempting to water down the bills.
Action is required for the bills to progress. Michigan residents who support healthcare freedom, individual parental rights, and limited government are encouraged to act now.
Your Letters to the Editor targeting key legislators in their local newspapers are needed to swing this vote. Address letters to the editor using details below.
- I support HB 4425 and 4426.
- Parental rights of conscience are foundational.
- The Rule has to go.
- “The Rule impedes the right of the parent.” Sponsor Tom Barrett’s statement makes a strong impact.
Key Education Reform Committee votes, with their local newspaper(s):
Maximize your effectiveness! Write your letter according to the legislator’s position on the bills.
- Daniela Garcia (R-Holland), Holland Sentinel
- Brett Roberts (R-Charlotte), Lansing State Journal, The County Journal (Eaton), MLive Ann Arbor/Jackson
- Jim Lilly (R-Park Township), Holland Sentinel, Grand Haven Tribune
- Kathy Crawford (R-Novi), Novi News, Northville Record
- Beth Griffin (R-Mattawan), South Haven Tribune, MLive Kalamazoo, Three Rivers News